Chicken Bacon Pasta is an easy weeknight meal that your entire family will LOVE. Serve some fresh bread and veg on the side and you’ll look like a rockstar.
We eat pasta at least once a week. Raising three boys I need to keep them fed, full and happy. My grocery budget doesn’t allow for super elaborate meals all the time. Pasta is one way I can change up my menu and not overspend at the market.
My entire family was completely satisfied with this pasta dish. My youngest son even requested that I put the leftovers in his lunch for the next day at school.
What To Make For Dinner?
How many times a week do you ask yourself this very question? I’m trying to get on the meal planning bandwagon, but it doesn’t always work out perfectly. If I don’t prepare ahead, I’m wondering what to make for dinner when 3 or 4 o’clock rolls around.
What is your go to dinner when you’ve had a crazy week? I am starting to really love one pan or skillet recipes. They typically are made in 30 minutes or less and are always full of flavor.
This Chicken Bacon Pasta is mostly created in on pot (you still have to cook your pasta in another pot) and is truly a satisfying dish for any weeknight meal.
I also like it because you can customize it to your family’s taste. You can omit the bacon and add more chicken. Personally, the bacon is where all the flavor is at!
The whole dish isn’t drowning in sauce either. It’s evenly coated with a simple sauce made from chicken broth, half and half, garlic and cheese! Sounds like heaven to me.
If you need some other dinner ideas, try out some of my other go to recipes!
Chicken Bacon Pasta Recipe
Chicken Bacon Pasta
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts, Cubed
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Whole Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Salt To Taste
- 1 lb Cooked Spaghetti (According To Package Directions)
- In a large pan pan cook bacon over medium high heat until browned and slightly crispy.
- Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel lined plate. But leave 2 TBSP of bacon grease in the pan.
- Lightly dredge the cube chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Brown chicken over medium high heat. Cook for 2 minutes on one side and 1-2 minutes on the other side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and deglaze the pan with the chicken stock.
- Add in crushed garlic and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes and reduce heat to low.
- Stir in half and half, parmesan cheese, pepper and salt if needed. Stir until cheese is melted. Heat through.
- Add in cooked pasta, chicken and bacon. Stir to coat.
- Top with more parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.