Honey Garlic Chicken truly is a wonderful weeknight recipe! Honey, garlic, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar make up this delectable sauce. The chicken is cook to tender perfection and even the pickiest eaters will be pleased!
I have been on a mission to find and create new chicken dishes for my family and this one is at the top of the list. Every single ingredient I always have on hand and truly was very simple to make.
Another recipe my family really likes is this One Pan Creamy Garlic Lemon Chicken, but I don’t always have lemons on hand.
We had friends over the first time I made it and it was a hit. If you are making it for a crowd, all you need to do is heat your oven to 325 and place your chicken breasts in a large baking dishes once you’ve browned them. Heat up the sauce in the pan then pour it over the chicken. Cover the dish with foil and keep warm until it’s time for dinner.
My family loved this over rice, but I think it would be equally as delish over angel hair pasta. I topped mine with a little chopped parsley and served some fresh steamed broccoli on the side.
More Chicken Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Sesame Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Pasta
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Crunchy Peanut Chicken Salad recipe by Averie Cooks
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/4 Light Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar or White Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 TBSP Water
- Heat butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle flour onto a plate and dredge chicken breast, shaking off excess.
- Place chicken into the pan and brown on one side for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn over and brown for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn down heat to medium and finish cooking chicken for another 8-10 minutes or until your chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Turn heat back up to medium high and add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and water and stir together scraping up the brown bits from the pan.
- Let it come to a boil and add in chicken. Turn once to coat.
- Serve over rice or pasta.